1) Which start-ups are supported by the Accelerator program, and how?
In our program, we support start-ups and talented entrepreneurs with EUR 600,000 worth of TV advertising time on the channels of ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group, coaching & mentoring and office space in Berlin. The investment focus of the Accelerator program is widespread, focusing on B2C start-ups.
2) Who is behind the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator program and what vision does it follow?
The ProSiebenSat.1 Group is one of the largest media corporations in Europe reaching over 42 million households with 15 TV channels and 44% of the TV ad market in Germany. Moreover ProSiebenSat.1 invests heavily in the digital space with a global portfolio of 80 companies in a wide variety of sectors (e-commerce, digital entertainment, travel etc.). We would like to support entrepreneurs at an early stage and offer founders a unique opportunity to speed up the pace of development of promising, young companies and support the teams to find synergies within the wide-reaching network of ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group. For more detailed information about the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator team as well as the mentors in the program, please click here.
3) How do you select which start-ups to support?
Apart from the actual application, up to twenty finalists participate in on-site pitches as part of the multi-stage selection process. From the finalists, the operating team selects up to five promising start-ups.
4) What is Demo Day?
During the program, the start-ups will also prepare for Demo Day, the presentation day that concludes the program. During Demo Day, an audience from the investment field (e.g. partners, external business angels, and venture capitalists) will evaluate the companies and consider follow-on financing of the businesses.
5) How will the P7S1 Accelerator program be involved in the planning/implementation of my start-up?
The primary objective of the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator program is to support entrepreneurs and start-ups over the long term and help prepare them to scale their businesses. All decisions continue to be made by the management of the supported start-ups. At no time, control is lost; instead, the program offers you support in the scaling your business model and find follow-on financing.
6) What sort of (technical) infrastructure does the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator program provide to the supported start-ups?
The ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator program provides sufficient office space in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg, including any other infrastructure such as telephone, Internet, fax, etc.
7) Do we have access to other technical or business contacts?
The team surrounding the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator program includes an extensive network of experts which can be drawn upon to provide advice regarding special operational questions.
8) What sorts of benefits/features are offered by ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator as compared to other programs?
As the P7S1 Accelerator belongs to one of Europe's biggest media networks, the possibility for the start-ups to receive EUR 600,000 worth of TV advertising time is unique and clearly differentiates us from similar programs. In addition, at the TV group’s headquarters the founders participate in a structured mentoring program headed by experienced decision-makers and experts from a range of different areas.
9) How much of a financial contribution does ProSiebenSat.1 make and how does it work?
Upon acceptance into the P7S1 Accelerator program, all start-ups are given EUR 600,000 worth of TV advertising, this package is valued at EUR 180,000 and will be given in form of a convertible note. In a following financing round by a third party investor the convertible can be converted into direct equity, with a 30% discount on the valuation of the third party investor.
10) What are the conditions that must be met when participating in the ProSiebenSat.1 Accelerator program (shares/post-contractual obligations)?
As a result of this investment (see question 9), ProSiebenSat.1 does not receive control or any say in the strategic or operational management of the start-up. ProSiebenSat.1 possesses only the rights of a minority shareholder.
11) What is the difference between SevenVentures and the P7S1 Accelerator program?
SevenVentures essentially focuses on the subsequent growth phase of start-ups, which tend to correspond to the core business of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group. As a result, we strive to transfer successful start-ups from the P7S1 Accelerator program. The SevenVentures business model is based on the central Media-for-Revenue and Media-for-Equity models. These often include a minimum guarantee and a revenue-based commission, which is not sustainable for start-ups during the early phase.
12) What happens after the three month program is over?
Our doors stay open! We see ourselves as one big P7S1 family. However, interactions will be less frequent than during the program.
13) Who should I contact if I have other important questions about the P7S1 Accelerator program?
Please feel free to get in touch with the P7S1 Accelerator team: firstname.lastname@example.org